Austin, Texas – Today, American Trucking Associations welcomed 24 college students from around the country to the 2023 ATA Management Conference & Exhibition as part of ATA’s Trucking U program.
“Trucking U is a way for the trucking industry to showcase the unlimited opportunities that exist to college students as they are preparing to launch their careers in this exciting field,” said Joey Crum III, president of Northern Industrial Training and a LEAD ATA graduate. “The program is a conduit, connecting our present to our future and allowing an exchange of ideas and communication. As an industry, we can tell what kind of a future we will have by the number and quality of students applying for the program. After meeting these students, I can confidently say that we have a very bright and prosperous future ahead.”
ATA's Trucking U program is a dynamic and educational initiative designed for students at the nation's top business schools and universities. The program offers a unique opportunity to explore and learn about the trucking industry through networking events with industry experts and mentorship from current leaders in the field. In addition to providing valuable professional connections, industry experts educate students on industry vocabulary and issues, advancements, career opportunities, and the importance of the trucking industry. By empowering the next generation of business leaders with a deep understanding of the trucking industry, ATA's Trucking U program aims to foster a more sustainable and prosperous future for all stakeholders.
“We are excited to be a part of this year’s Trucking U event in Austin,” said Terry Tesch, vice president of R.B. Stewart Petroleum Products Inc., a Premier Sponsor of the Trucking U Class of 2023. “This important event showcases our industry to some of the nation's brightest young talent. We look forward to meeting with them and discussing the myriad career opportunities that exist in the trucking industry.”
ATA’s Trucking U Class of 2023 is attending ATA’s Management Conference & Exhibition here, where they will have the opportunity to meet and network with the trucking industry’s hiring managers and executives from across the country. The class will also observe ATA policy committee meetings and educational sessions, attend general sessions with keynote speakers and attend panel discussions on important industry topics. Students will be able to meet with ATA leaders, officers, staff professionals and professional truck drivers.
“Trucking U gave me a first-hand glimpse into the trucking industry,” said Rebecca Pierce, a member of the Trucking U Class of 2023 and Total Transportation of Mississippi customer service representative. “I was able to ask questions, collect information and truly dive into the culture of the industry. After my participation in the program, it was clear to me that this is the culture I wanted to be a part of. I am thankful for the networking connections I made at Trucking U as it has led me to my current position.”
This year’s participants in Trucking U are:
- Zachariah Abdulnour, Wayne State University
- Alexander Bentley, University of Rhode Island
- Jaclyn Chamberlain, University of Rhode Island
- Mahin Fatima, Wayne State University
- Katherine Gillespie, Iowa State University
- Zoe Graves, Wayne State University
- Jack Hart, Illinois State University
- Xavier Hummer, University of Iowa
- Dennis Iyare, University of California, Davis
- Sophia Kvam, Iowa State University
- Chieh-Sheng Lai, Syracuse University
- Mia Long, Iowa State University
- Jonathan Mason, Mississippi State University
- Lucas McAusland, California State Polytechnic University, Pomona
- Jacob Mehler, San Diego State University
- Luke Meyer, Mississippi State University
- Dhruvi Nakum, University of Texas, Dallas
- Mia Phan, Central Michigan University
- Julia Pitts, University of Rhode Island
- Abigal Poulin, University of Rhode Island
- Aaron Riesberg, Iowa State University
- Alana Rothenstein, Mississippi State University
- Bryson Steinke, Mississippi State University
- Caleb Wenthe, Iowa State University
ATA’s Trucking U is made possible by the following sponsors: Alabama Trucking Association; Alaksa Trucking Association; Big M Transportation; Boyle Transportation; Colorado Motor Carriers Association; FedEx Freight; Idelic; Illinois Trucking Association; Intact Insurance; Iowa Motor Truck Association; J&M Tank Lines Inc.; Louisiana Motor Transport Association; Mississippi Trucking Association; Noregon; Northern Industrial Training LLC; Peterbilt; Perfect Transportation LLC; R.B. Stewart Petroleum Products Inc.; Rhode Island Trucking Association; TCW Inc.; Tennessee Trucking Association; Total Transportation of MS; LLC; TrueNorth Companies; U.S. Xpress Enterprises Inc. and Weaver Bros. Inc.
Additional information on ATA’s Trucking U can be found on the official Trucking U website.