The ATA Safety Management Council is the only national organization dedicated to advancing safe policies, practices and technology; and effective risk management and accident/injury prevention in the trucking industry. SMC also addresses trucking’s unique human resource challenges, health and wellness issues, as well as recruitment and retention strategies.
Who We Support
The Safety Management Council supports the ATA Safety Policy Committee, Hazardous Material Policy Committee, and the Labor and Regulatory Policy Committee, providing knowledge and experience from industry safety and H.R. professionals.
2021 Safety, Security & HR National Conference & Exhibition
The 2021 Safety, Security, & Human Resources National Conference & Exhibition is back featuring industry-leading educational programs, technical committee meetings, general sessions, breakout sessions, and round-tables. Join us in Indianapolis, IN as we cover topics such as:
- Reviewing and revising safety policy, processes, and procedures
- Cargo security
- Comparative benchmarking
- Entry-level driver training
- Safety technology & policy
- Recommended hiring practices
- Engaging and retaining drivers with tools for positive recognition
- How a community of learner approach can be used as a springboard for engagement and retention and more!
Improve your safety & security operations and gain crucial insight on the dynamic world of legislation and regulation at #SSHR21 – register today!
- Professional affiliation with the only national organization dedicated exclusively to industry-wide motor carrier safety and loss prevention
- Answers to your questions on safety and human resources
- Quarterly magazine - Driven
- Access to online Membership Directory
- Industry alerts, including legislative and regulatory updates
- Awards and Image Recognition programs
- Accident Review Service to assist you with decisions concerning preventability
- Joint Initiatives with State and National law enforcement agencies and safety government initiatives
- Seminars, Conferences, Exhibits, Webinars, and Conference Calls
- Discounts of products, seminars, courses, conferences, and exhibit space
- Subscription to Transport Topics valued at $129.00
- Complimentary copy of Guidelines for Recording Vehicle Accidents & Determining Preventability valued at $31.00 and discounts on additional copies ordered
- Participation on Technical Committees and Working Group (e.g., Regulations Committee, Hazardous Materials Committee, Occupational Safety & Health Committee, Health and Wellness/Recruitment and Retention Committee, etc.)
|ATA Member||Non-ATA Member|
950 N Glebe Rd., Suite 111
Arlington, VA 22203-4181
Phone: (703) 838-1919
Fax: (703) 838-1965
For slides, presentations, documents,and other resources, access the SMC Community on ATA Connect.