Trucking U Qualifications and Application Guidelines:
Applicants must be current full-time students enrolled in an accredited university. Students must also be majoring in some type of business-related major (for example: HR, supply chain logistics, management, etc.). Undergraduate and Graduate students are welcome to apply, but must still be students during the program (October 22-24, 2022).
Only students who have submitted an application by the deadline (June 10th) will be eligible for consideration.
Accepted applicants must commit to attending the program; some of the program or travel may interrupt classes so it is the student’s responsibility to clear those absences with their professors. ATA's Trucking U will provide an official acceptance letter or proof to your professors if necessary.
Our application process was created to give students from around the country the opportunity to attend ATA's Trucking U.
As part of the application, students will be required to submit a short response to the question: What about trucking and transportation interests you, and how will attending ATA's Trucking U benefit you and your interests?
This is one of the most important parts of the application because it helps the independent panel of judges gauge each student's enthusiasm and what they hope to get out of this experience. Students should endeavor to write at least 1-2 paragraphs. While submitting a letter of recommendation is optional, it will help boost an application if someone doesn't have much work experience on their resume.
About Trucking U
ATA’s Trucking U is a dynamic, educational program for students at top business schools & universities around the country. It exposes students to careers in trucking through networking opportunities at American Trucking Associations’ events and mentorship by future leaders in the industry. The program is focused on building connections that will help address key industry concerns, like supply chain issues and workforce shortages, and solve the problems of the future.
- Students will attend the trucking industry's largest conference, ATA's Management Conference & Exhibition (MCE), where they will have the opportunity to meet and network with the trucking industry's top hiring managers and executives.
- Trucking executives will have the opportunity to meet and connect with interested students.
- Students will have the opportunity to share their resume and marketing materials with hiring managers from America's trucking companies.
- Students will also observe ATA policy committee meetings and educational sessions, attend general sessions with keynote speakers, and attend panel discussions on important industry topics.
- Students will meet ATA leadership, officers, staff professionals, and professional truck drivers.