About Trucking U
ATA's Trucking U program is a dynamic and educational initiative designed for students at the nation's top business schools and universities. The program offers a unique opportunity to explore and learn about the trucking industry through networking events with industry experts and mentorship from current leaders in the field.
In addition to providing valuable professional connections, industry experts educate students on industry vocabulary and issues, advancements, career opportunities, and the importance of the trucking industry.
By empowering the next generation of business leaders with a deep understanding of the trucking industry, ATA's Trucking U program aims to foster a more sustainable and prosperous future for all stakeholders.
- Selected students will attend the trucking industry's largest conference, ATA's Management Conference & Exhibition (MCE), where they will have the opportunity to meet and network with the trucking industry's top hiring managers and executives.
- Trucking executives will have the opportunity to meet and connect with interested students.
- Students will have the opportunity to share their resumes with hiring managers from America's top trucking companies.
- Students will also observe ATA policy committee meetings and educational sessions, attend general sessions with keynote speakers, and attend panel discussions on important industry topics.
- Students will meet ATA leadership, officers, staff professionals, and professional truck drivers.
APPLICATIONS FOR ATA'S TRUCKING U CLASS OF 2023 ARE CLOSED
Trucking U Qualifications and Application Guidelines:
Applicants must be current full-time students enrolled in an accredited university. Students must also be majoring in some type of business-related major (for example: HR, supply chain logistics, management, etc.). Undergraduate and Graduate students are welcome to apply, but must still be students during the program (October 14 - 17, 2023).
Only students who have submitted an application by the deadline (June 16th) will be eligible for consideration. Students will be notified of their acceptance status by mid-August.
Accepted applicants must commit to attending the program; some of the program or travel may interrupt classes so it is the student’s responsibility to clear those absences with their professors. ATA's Trucking U will provide an official acceptance letter or proof to your professors if necessary.
Our application process was created to give students from around the country the opportunity to attend ATA's Trucking U.
As part of the application, students will be required to submit a short response to the question: What about trucking and transportation interests you, and how will attending ATA's Trucking U benefit you and your interests?
This is one of the most important parts of the application because it helps the independent panel of judges gauge each student's enthusiasm and what they hope to get out of this experience. Students should endeavor to write at least 1-2 paragraphs. While submitting a letter of recommendation is optional, it will help boost an application if someone doesn't have much work experience on their resume.