Please register for this live NAFC webinar. This webinar is open to NAFC and ATA members.
COVID-19 has disrupted everything on the planet and trucking company mergers and acquisitions (M&A) are no exception. While M&A was up in 2020, deals looked differently than in years past. Join NAFC’s M&A Task Force Chair Eric LeMarbre and Vice-Chair Heidi Hornung-Scherr as they utilize real-world examples from 2020 trucking deals to provide an update on the 2021 M&A market. Our presenters will highlight recent M&A Task Force releases, such as the Due Diligence Request List and Acquisition Checklist, as well as objectives for 2021.
Attendees will learn:
- How the disruptions from COVID-19 affected deal structure and valuation
- How the disruptions are now affecting the goals and target acquisition profiles for buyers
- The trends and issues we expect to drive M&A activity in 2021
- The factors that will influence value and deal structure in 2021
- What the temporary supply shortage of companies available to purchase means for both buyers and sellers
- Where owners need to focus on protecting business value in 2021
About the Presenters:
Eric LeMarbre, Managing Director, Tenney Group
Eric LeMarbre serves as the Managing Director for Tenney Group where he works closely with transportation business owners, assisting and educating them on exit strategies and succession planning. He is an active part of the transportation industry, speaking at 20+ industry events a year.
Eric is chair of the American Trucking Association’s NAFC M&A Task Force, a group comprised of 24 industry operators, association leaders, insurance, legal and accounting experts. This group of industry professionals, provides timely insight and resources for ATA members operating trucking companies of all sizes. Additionally, Eric serves as the co-chair for the National Home Delivery Association’s President Council with TrueNorth and OpenForce.
Prior to Tenney Group, Eric served as Vice President and Wealth Advisor for Regions Bank, where he worked extensively with business owners to manage their personal and business finances and plan for retirement. Before that, Eric spent time in the audit accounting world as well as the non-profit sector. Eric earned his Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting from the University of Tennessee in Knoxville, TN and his Masters of Accountancy from the University of Tennessee in Knoxville, TN as well.
Heidi Hornung-Scherr, Presdient, Scudder Law Firm
Heidi Hornung-Scherr serves as President for Scudder Law Firm. Heidi represents publicly traded and privately held companies in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, financings, securities, and corporate law, with a particular focus on acquisitions and securities offerings and compliance.
Heidi's mergers and acquisitions experience includes primary execution responsibility for numerous transactions, including the following:
- Representing a national insurance company in the stock purchase of a competitor that required the negotiation and closing of a competitor from a fractured selling group.
- Representing a leading non-asset based logistics company in a recapitalization/liquidity transaction for its founder and in the company's subsequent expansion.
- Representing a $2.5 billion revenue client in the acquisition of a $150 million revenue subsidiary of Wal-Mart and the negotiation of long-term contracts between the buyer and seller.
- Representing the stalking horse bidder in a purchase of assets through bankruptcy of a $200 million revenue company.
Heidi received her J.D. in 1995 from the University Of Nebraska, College Of Law, where she served as a member of the Allen Moot Court Board and received honors for Best Oral Advocate and Best Forensic Performance. In 1992, she received her B.A. from Hastings College in Hastings, Nebraska.
National Accounting and Finance Council (NAFC) members are eligible for an hour of CPE credit for attending this webinar. For details on the CPE and membership, contact Lonnie Edwards at firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a "Group Internet Based" offering and no prerequisites are required. NAFC is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, 150 Fourth Ave North #700, Nashville, TN 37219.
A recording will be provided to all approved registrants post webinar even if you are not able to attend.
NOTICE: ATA webinars are strictly educational for our members, and are not press events. The information contained in this webinar is not intended for, nor should it be used in, the production, editing or creation of news or analysis pieces. Participants are also forbidden from using them as background for published materials, white papers or other communications. Therefore, the contents of this webinar are strictly embargoed and off the record.