San Diego, California – Today, the American Trucking Associations recognized Calvin Ewell, president of H.R. Ewell Inc., with the 2022 Dameo Award at the Chairman’s Membership Committee during the ATA Management Conference & Exhibition.
“Calvin is a tremendous leader in our industry and we are proud to recognize his efforts on behalf of trucking,” said ATA Chief Commercial Officer Mario Grande. “Between his work with ATA and the Pennsylvania Motor Truck Association, he is a great example of what participating in the Federation means.”
Since 2014, the Dameo Award, has been awarded to ATA state vice presidents who have gone above and beyond in advancing the goals of the trucking industry and ATA. The award is named for Rocque Dameo, longtime New Jersey ATA state vice president, who passed away the year the award was created. The award carries with it a $5,000 donation to the winner's state association.
This year’s donation will be presented to PMTA President and CEO Rebecca Oyler.
Previous winners of the Dameo Award include:
- 2014 – Kevin Lhotek, president, Reliable Transportation (Illinois) and Mike Wilson, president, Whitewood Transport (Montana)
- 2015 – Clifton Parker, president, P&G Trucking Company (South Carolina)
- 2016 – Greg Brown, president of B.R. Williams Inc. (Alabama)
- 2017 – Andy Owens, president, A&M Transport Inc. (Oregon)
- 2018 – Tom Lee, vice president, Empire Warehouse (Colorado)
- 2019 – Mike Massengill, president, Big M Transportation (Mississippi)
- 2020 - Michael Collins, president, M&D Transportation (Rhode Island)
- 2021 – Ryan Walpole, purchasing director, Walpole Inc. (Florida)